January 1992 to date
Provision of freelance forward and backward English<>Spanish translation, localization, proofreading, and quality management services to end clients and translation agencies in the Americas and Europe.
2005 to date
Specialization in Life Sciences, including Linguistic Validation Consultancy in Clinical Research (as of 2008): cognitive debriefing interviews, including recruiting respondents and preparing cognitive debriefing reports. In the past few years, Nora has extensively trained in post-editing and has since been working on PE projects on a daily basis.
July 3, 2003 to May 27, 2006
Member and Vice-President of FairTradeNet, a Geneva association. Took part in the delegation representing the Association at the World Summit on the Information Society held in Geneva in December 2003.
April 1990 to November 2003
Teacher of English for International Trade at Forex Club Argentino, coordinating a nationwide distance-learning training program in 2002. Has written a technical manual on international trade (International Trade Basics) for use in her classes.
April 1983 to November 1991
Staff translator at Banco de la Nación Argentina, Head Office. While holding this in-house position, Nora translated mostly financial and legal documents, including several of the refinancing agreements entered into between the Republic of Argentina and the IMF.
Main Areas of Specialization
Health Care (2005 to date)
- Health-Related Patient Questionnaires
- Patient Brochures
- Health Insurance Forms
- Informed Consent Forms
- Physical/Mental Health Rating Scales
- Medical Technology/Medical Devices
- IVRS Scripts
- Clinical Research Protocols
Disaster-Preparedness and Anti-Terrorism (2003 to date)
Corporate and Financial (1983 to date)
- Employee Handbooks, Codes of Ethics, Safety in the Workplace
- Corporate forms, brochures, and documents in general
- Economy and finance in general
Law (1983 to date)
- Contracts, agreements, and legal documents in general
For the past 30 years, Nora has been collaborating with top-notch translation agencies in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and France.
As part of this collaboration, she has worked on projects for companies in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries that have included such giants as:
- Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.
- Alcon Research, Ltd.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Bioverativ Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharma Company
- Catalent, Inc.
- Celgene Corporation
- Cephalon, Inc.
- Cooney/Waters Group, Inc.
- Daiichi Sankyo Pharma Development
- Eisai Limited
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Lilly USA, LLC
- evo Medical Solutions, Inc.
- Flashpoint Medica
- Genentech USA, Inc.
- Genzyme Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kaiser Permanente
- Kendle International, Inc.
- MacroGenics, Inc.
- Mattel Children’s Hospital UCLA
- Medidata Solutions
- MedAvante, Inc.
- Medpace Holdings, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Moderna, Inc.
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Productos Roche, S.A. de C.V.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
- Sanofi Genzyme
- Schering Plough Research Institute
- St. Joseph Hospital
- Syneos Health
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc.
- UCLA Department of Pediatrics
- University of Delaware
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc.